Friday, December 9, 2011

WOMAN ... HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU (two more weekends- four more shows)

When I read the posting for the role of WOMAN on actors-access, I felt something actors rarely feel in this mechanical, endless process of submitting ourselves for parts. I felt true excitement. Like that special thing we all human beings feel when we know we've just encounter an opportunity to something wonderful, beyond ordinary perhaps, and we're going to give our all in order to attain it. So, you put all fears aside and do everything in your power with all your heart and soul to give it your best shot. Alas in the end, you've arrived. You've attained that thing you really wanted. You feel a great sense of accomplishment and the satisfaction of knowing that one thing was meant to be yours all along.

In an actor's case, in regards to your craft, it means wanting that role you must play because you feel you were born to play it, or wanting it because it is a blessed opportunity to push yourself to places you never have before. WOMAN has been that role for me, not necessarily because I felt I was born to play it but because, beyond the challenge of the physical transformation, there was a raw, gripping, human journey that I had to explore in order to serve this exceptional character. Playing her has been a tremendous enriching experience. I have fallen in love with her broken heart and her despair and all the reasons behind it, her sense of humor and the kindness masked behind her cynicism. WOMAN ... I feel so blessed you came to my life.

Here is a little tease from BRIDGE...




Only four shows left (Fridays and Saturdays) until Dec 17.
Remember to use the discount code (205) to get $5 off each ticket.

Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.

No comments: